Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Weekend in a flash!

Early Friday morning we got the news that my sweet Aunt Brenda had passed away! She was only 60 years old and her death was very sudden. Even though we were relieved that she was safe in the arms of Jesus, our hearts ached knowing we will not see her for a while! After some quick planning, Dad booked our flights and we headed out Sunday morning! Dad, Mom, Delanie, and I left my house at 6:00 a.m. Sunday morning to catch our 8:30 flight...........I was so nervous because it was Delanie's first flight! Much to our dismay, Delanie was so good on the plane.........DVD players are an amazing invention! She had lots of Cheerios and watched 2 Baby Einstein movies.....her favorite! Luckily, it was a short flight.......1 hour and 25 minutes!!
Being in Dallas for literally 30 hours was quite a whirl wind, but Delanie was a trooper!! I am so thankful that we were able to be there a see my family!
We were able to take an early flight back and landed in KC around 6:00 last night! Other than the fact that Delanie threw up on the flight home, the weekend was great! We think she was hot and the pressure in her ears got to her, because once she got sick she was fine.........thank you Jesus!!
My poor Mom was holding her and I caught it in my hands........all as we were landing.....are you following me?
Pray for my family in Texas, they have a long road of grieving ahead..........

ps, I do not have any pictures because I did not take the camera, I could not carry one more thing!!

0 comments: